Activities in Catalan country
Our Catalan Village
In Languedoc Roussillon, in the Pyrenees Orientales, near Perpignan, we welcome you in our Mas Natura area on the edge of the village of BANYULS-DELS-ASPRES. Il is very well located south of Perpignan 30 minutes drive from Perpignan airport, 1 hour from Girona and 1h30 from Barcelona (Spain) and the TGV station (25 minutes), 5 minutes from the A9 motorway, served by several buses (1 €).
The village of Banyuls-dels-Aspres is a little up on a small hill in front of the high mountains of Albères and its famous Pic du Neoulous (1,256 m) or at the rear Pic du Canigou (2,785 m), jewels and pride of the country! Wine village of about 1,250 inhabitants, expanding but much less known than the famous vineyards of Banyuls-sur-Mer a little lower (30 minutes).
Close to the many ports of the southern Mediterranean coast, the most famous of which are Collioure the majestic, one of the oldest and most beautiful port cities (22km) and Argelès-sur-Mer (19 km), with its fishing port and its kilometers of sandy beaches to Canet en Roussillon or Barcarès (below Port Leucate); and especially all their many sports and tourism activities offered from April to October on the Catalan coast.
Our charming village of the South is also located just 15km from Spain, the border of Perthus with its shops. However, the nearest town, Le Boulou (about 5 500 inhabitants), is 5 minutes by car and has a famous spa, less famous than that of Amelie-les-Bains (26 km). In addition, there are several artificial or natural lakes around Banyuls (which means “baths” in Latin), such as Lake St-Jean-Pla-de-Corts (12 km) or Villeneuve de la Raho (13 km) with their water activities, many equestrian paths, pedestrian or cycling, the small Golf Montescot (10 km).
Some amenities & shops: A small market of artisans and local producers takes place on Wednesday morning on the village square, (5 minutes walk) near the Post Office and the Town Hall, a bar-tobacco and bread, a hotel and camping, a restaurant, a pharmacy and 2 doctors. And otherwise you will find all the necessary shops in Boulou 10 minutes by car (market on Thursday and Sunday morning) including a Biocoop, Intermarché or Leclerc, a larger market 15 km to Thuir or a beautiful picturesque market Céret (17km), artist village (Saturday morning) or even to the center of Perpignan with all these shops and animations.
The thermal baths of the Eastern Pyrenees
Thermal baths at Le Boulou
« Le Boulou’s water and care, traditionally known for their hepatic and digestive benefits, also improve chronic cardio-arterial disorders such as Raynaud’s Syndrome thanks to a highly medicalized spa circuit. » Learn more
Thermes à Amélie-Les-Bains
Thermes à Vernet-Les-Bains, Molitg-les-Bains, La Preste-Les-Bains
Les Bains chauds de Llo, Les Bains de St Thomas, Les Bains Romains de Dorres
CALICÉO Wellness Center
SPA-Hammam-Sauna-Bains-Beauty-aerobics-Aquabike-Aquatraining 3 rue du Capcir – South Roussillon Business Park – 66280 SALEILLES
tel: 0 826 30 36 66 – 10h00 to 20h30 (7D / 7) at 15km
Sports, cultural and festive activities
Before your stay, do not forget to check the activities and new events in our region on the tourist offices websites.
Tourist Office of THUIR-Les Aspres (ours):
Tourist Office of BOULOU (the nearest):
Tourist Office of PERPIGNAN (the best known):
Moreover, like Argelès-Sur-Mer, “Le Boulou has a very important cultural, sports, charitable and associative network”, and the cycling tourism is also well developed as in the rest of the Eastern Pyrenees: Bike and picnic on the fly and https://velocarte66.fr/
- Hiking and cycle paths : see Vélo Sud Location in Boulou (9 km: 06 51 49 21 69) or Le Guidon Futé in Argelès-sur-Mer (18 km: 04 68 81 56 55)
- Equestrian hikes : St Jordi Stables in St Génis des Fontaines (5 km : 06 11 59 52 84) or Equestrian Center St Georges in Ponteillas (12 km :).
- Hiking : around the lake and fishing near Banyuls Dels Aspres (6 km : Bergerie dels Monts, Locality, “Als Bachous” in Villelongue-Dels-Monts), The Massif des Albères around Laroque des Albères and the Pic of Néulos (1,256 m) on foot from the Chalet de L’Albère Restaurant (Col de l’Ouillat : 3 km du Pic) or by car to the station (30 km from Banyuls dels Aspres) or the famous Pic du Canigou (2,785 m) from the Refuge des Mariailles on reservation (from Casteil, 9km: 04 68 05 57 99).
- And as with professionals it’s even better, remember to also book your hiking or mountain biking routes and other sports activities “over the water” (Traking, Tail & Running, Canyoning, Canoeing or river kayaking or de mer, Rafting, Canokraft, Hydrospeed, Stand up Paddle, etc.) with Inextremis Aventura : Jean & Sabrina Vilallongue (Canyons Monitors & Mountain Guides) at CERET (16 km away : 09 80 85 05 65 – 06 29 56 40 36)
- Golf courses : nearby the Montescot Golf (9 holes) in Villeneuve-de-la-Raho (9 holes 10 km away : 04 68 82 79 29) or the Golf de St Cyprien (27 holes 20 km away).
- Nautical & diving centers : Central Windsurf in Argelès-sur-Mer (19 km : 07 50 60 57 61) or Diving Cap Cerbère (40 km : 04 68 88 41 00), water skiing TSJ Wake Park in St Jean-Pla-de-Corts (10 km: 06 67 83 56 62)
- Airplane bases : ULM Aspres Aero flying club in Luppia (14 km : ) or the Valespir paragliding-hang gliding wings les Ailes du Valespir (18 km : )
In the meantime, here are some monuments and interesting sites to visit, as well as several sporting, cultural or festive activities to do in the region according to the seasons (slide on the photos or ask us for more informations).
Also remember that this year from July 7 to 10, 2022, the famous “Déferlantes” of the Pyrénées Orientales, Rock Music Festival, will resume but this time in Céret, at the Château de d’Aubiry, 20 minutes from Mas Natura.