Lodging 1 : The Nest
At the back of the proprety, like a small “bird’s nest”, this 1st gite in garden level (67 m2) can accommodate 4 to 6 people. There is a private entrance with a balcony with panoramic views of the Aspres Valley and the Massif des Albères, with the sea on the horizon. Inside, beautiful bright spaces blend the modern vintage spirit and charm of the wood with an entrance giving, on the right, a large living room-dining room and sofa bed and, on the left, a new kitchen, modern and fully equipped, then an Italian shower room and a separate toilet next to 2 beautiful rooms that lead directly to a large private terrace and sheltered, quiet and at the back of the large garden, close to the fenced pool with a Nordic bath and open views to Perpignan and the valley.
Spoken languages :
French, English, German
Detached terraced house located at the back of the farmhouse, ground garden terrace, overlooking the pool – not wheelchair accessible.
Included Equipment :
- Charges, trash and tourist tax, water and heating (gas and electric with photovoltaic panels and reversible air conditioning).
- Salt pool, WiFi and free parking with gate (without prior reservation).
- Private entrance with balcony and panoramic views of the valley, the mountains and the sea over the horizon.
- New equipped kitchen with a dining room table, cooking hobs, multifunction oven including microwave, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster, kitchen utensils, crockery and wine glasses, raclette and grill appliances and of course fridge, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Lounge and dining area with tables and 6 chairs, large sofa bed (140 x 190 cm) and armchair, buffets, flat screen TV and TV stand, library with books and board games, coat rack and high chair for children. Supplied: tablecloth and napkins with tea towels.
- Modern bathroom with cabinet unit, mirror, toiletries, hair dryer, first aid kit, laundry basket, walk-in shower, separate toilet and toilet paper.
- 2 Bedrooms with 2 double beds (160 x 200 cm or separable 2 x 80 x 200 cm) with bedspreads and mattress protectors made of organic cotton, 4 nightstands and lamps, dressing room with drawers and closets, coat racks and trouser presses, desks and chairs, pillows without feathers and hypoallergenic, drying rack, ironing board and iron, mosquito net, fans.
- Large, well-exposed and partially shaded private terrace with illuminated patio, dining area with plancha-barbecue, garden lounge and sunbeds, close to the communal pool fenced in L (5 x 10 m with wide stairs for children, just bring your armbands for safety).
- Outdoor games with a large trampoline (3.5m), books and DVDs for children and teens, board games/puzzles… badminton games with long net and table tennis with rackets and other activities according to seasons…
- A small gym & games with table football, rower, darts, snowshoes – other indoor games…
Taxes and Deposit :
- Tourist tax : From 2020, according to the new directives from the Ministry, the Thuir Tourist Office asks us to switch to the actual tourist tax which is calculated in a fairly complex way for unclassified furnished accommodation at around 2% per night and number of occupants (adults) – see : https://aspres-thuir.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/grille-tarifaire-2020-non-classe%CC%81s.pdf
- Complete cleaning (steam) = 50 € in cash for the cleaning and maintenance of indoor and outdoor spaces (mowing and watering the garden, pool maintenance, terrace, etc.) – MANDATORY due to COVID19. On the other hand, storage is not included in it, so make the accommodation, terraces and others in the same condition as on arrival.
- Deposit : On site, upon arrival during the inventory, we generally ask for a deposit between € 300 and € 500 (€ 1,500 for groups) depending on the season, the number of occupants and the length of stay, only in cash, that we return at the time of departure if there has been no damage, no malicious intent, pollution (cigarettes, waste, etc.), theft or disappearance, breakage or damage.
- Non-smoking cottage but smoking area only outside on the terraces & balconies (with ashtrays). No waste, no sound system outside, no drugs, no excess and drunkenness, etc. Thank you for your understanding, moderation and cooperation !
Reminder : pets allowed under supervision, no sound system or music outside or nocturnal noise between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m. Read our T&Cs & Regulations on Important Information
Other services on request and supplement:
- Transport by shuttle from the airport or train station (at an additional cost depending on the route).
- Pets allowed in this Lodging only (2 maximum) under your supervision and responsibility = supplement of 10 € per animal and stay.
- Organic cotton bed linen rental (fitted sheets, duvet covers, flat sheets, pillowcases) = € 10 per person and stay (if you don’t want to burden yourself with your own).
Rental of shower and bath towels (organic cotton) = 5 € per person and stay (idem). Bring your own beach and pool towels though.
- Childcare equipment rental “Lodging Babyfriendly” with a high chair, baby bath and potty, baby bowl and cutlery and if necessary also a children’s folding bed type “umbrella” (available up to 2-3 years), cozy, car seat and booster seat (0+ to 18kg for babies and 15 to 36kg for children around 10 years old), stroller, deckchair, etc. = between 10 and 20 € supplement per child and stay.
- Bike rental according to number, age and availability (reservation in advance) or professional bike rental in store at Boulou (Vélo Sud 5-10 minutes away) or Argelès-sur-Mer; or on site therefore = 4 family mountain bikes (2 adults and 2 children: 8-14 years old) for 5 € / pers / day or according to estimate.
- Nordic wooden bath, for 4-5 people, heated with a built-in wood stove (between October and April) – 10€/pers (on request 24 hours before because 6 hours of heating about water).
- Modeling – adult wellness massage – children by a professional, in the institute or on site (with advance reservation).
- Haircut with pro hairdresser : woman – man – child (by prior reservation).
- Booking rides or horse or pony lessons at Sant Jordi Stable in St Genius des Fontaines (5 minutes by car) or at the St Georges Equestrian Centre between Pollestres and Canohès (15 minutes).
- First evening and/or morning catering : cold or hot buffet and organic breakfast tray (depending on the season and request, for example gluten-free, neither milk, nor egg…) depending on availability.