Cottage 2 : The Tower
Located on the top of a tower in the center of the Mas, this 2nd gîte (61 m2) on the 1st floor of the Mas is intended for 2 to 4 people with an independent entrance at the back and a large staircase leading to a front door and a corridor to a large dining room-living room of 30 m2 with a small balcony with a panoramic view of the Albères mountains and the sea on the horizon, an air-conditioned bedroom with a bathroom adjoining water with toilet and a new kitchen and equipped with a clear view on the garden. Downstairs a shaded terrace with a barbecue-plancha, garden table and chairs, near the fenced pool with a Nordic wooden bath, on a 2 hectare estate.
French, English, German
This cottage is located at the center of the farm, on the 1st floor of the main house, accessible by foot from a personal staircase – not wheelchair accessible.
- Charges, trash and tourist tax, water and heating (gas and electric with photovoltaic panels and reversible air conditioning).
- Salt pool, WiFi and free parking with gate (without prior reservation).
- Private entrance with balcony and panoramic views of the valley, the mountains and the sea over the horizon.
- New equipped kitchen with a cooking hobs, multifunction oven including microwave, coffee machine, electric kettle, toaster, kitchen utensils, crockery and wine glasses, raclette and grill appliances and of course fridge, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Lounge and dining area with tables and 5 chairs, 2 separate beds as sofa (2 x 80 sur 200 cm ou 1 x 160 sur 200 cm), bench and ottoman, bedside tables, buffets, flat screen TV and TV stand, library with books and board games, coat rack and high chair for children, reversible climate control. Supplied : tablecloth and towels with tea towels.
- Modern bathroom with cabinet unit, mirror, toiletries, hair dryer, first aid kit, laundry basket, walk-in shower, suspended toilet and toilet paper.
- 1 Bedroom with 2 double beds (160 x 200 cm or separable 2 x 80 x 200 cm) with bedspreads and mattress protectors made of organic cotton, 2 nightstands, dressing room with drawers and closets, coat racks and trouser presses, desks and chairs, 2 pillows without feathers and 1 hypoallergenic, clothes airer, iron and ironing board, laundry basket.
- Outside, the garden of 2 hectares to visit with possibility of setting up a table and chairs at the foot of the stairs with grancha-barbecue and deckchairs near the fenced communal pool (5 x 10 m with wide staircase for children).
- For children : outdoor games such as a trampoline (depending on the season), children’s books and DVDs, board. games/puzzles… On site for free: bath, high chair and potty, bowl and covered baby.
- For teens and adults : badminton games with long net and table tennis with snowshoes and other activities according to seasons…
- Non-smoking gite but outdoor smoking area (ashtrays).
- Pets not allowed in the cottage 2 (see more cottage 1).
Taxes and Deposit :
- The residence tax : From 2020, according to the ministry’s new guidelines, the Thuir Tourist Board is asking us to switch to the real residence tax, which is calculated in a rather complex way for unclassified furnished at about 2% per night and number of occupants – see : https://aspres-thuir.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/grille-tarifaire-2020-non-classe%CC%81s.pdf
- The deposit : On the spot as insurance on your arrival, we ask for between 300 and 500 euros deposit depending on the season, the number of occupants and the length of stay (cash or cheque) that we return at the time of departure if there has been no damage or significant degradation.
Other services on request and supplement:
- Transport with shuttle from the airport or train station (depending on the route).
- Complete cleaning : 50 € extra (after departure if there is no time).
- Bed linen in organic cotton (fitted sheets, duvet covers, flat sheets, pillowcases) : € 5 per person/stay (if you do not want to clutter yours).
- Bath and shower towels (organic cotton) : 5 € per person/stay (idem). Bring your beach towels and pool.
- Baby equipment with foldable child bed (available until 2-3 years), cozy, car seat and booster seat (0+ to 18kg for baby and 15 to 36kg for child of about 10 years), stroller, deckchair, bibs, booster seat, etc. : supplement between 10 or 20 € per child and stay.
- Loan of bicycles according to availability and age (family bikes) or rental in store at Le Boulou (at 5-10 minutes’ drive : VéloSud) or Argelès-sur-Mer. On-site – 4 family mountain bike bikes (2 adults and 2 children: 8-14 years old) for 5 euros/pers/day or according to quote.
- Nordic wooden bath for 4-6 persons, with integrated woodstove (surcharge) = extra : 5€/pers./hour.
- Wellness massage for adults, babies or children (at an additional cost upon prior reservation).
- Booking of walks or courses on horseback or pony at the St Georges Equestrian Center between Pollestres and Canohès (15 minutes).
- Catering for the first evening and/or morning: cold or hot buffet and organic breakfast plate (according to the season and demand, for example without gluten, milk, eggs …).